Friday, May 15, 2009

Awesome Brisbane Trip Part 2


Meow meow meow.

I finally made me pilgrimage to GoMA (Gallery of Modern Art) and was really lucky to check out this exhibition, and the best part is that it's FREE! Nice innit? It had both Chinese and Asian Australian artists in there so it was a nice combo, and being Taiwanese (politically speaking China's little cousin) it made me felt quite emotionally connected, having read literature related to the Cultural Revolution.

I know everyone's views on the Cultural Revolution was different depending on your background and how you yourself or even people you know were affected by it, personally myself I was informed only through novels and movie (Farewell to my Concubine) but man, it was intense.




Tote bags (gallery merchandise).


One of the cast bronze Pelicans outside the GoMA as water feature scultpures by the late Aussie artists Leonard and Kathleen Shillam. I thought it looked lonely :(

Ah, saw this on the ground floor of the Art Gallery (old art housing thing building facing the GoMA) and I was like What the Hell, honestly Warhol was famous for his Poker Face in real life and in media, I know this was supposed to be appealing to smaller kids but come on! Don't cramp Warhol's style man!
Heheheheheheheehehe.

That's all for now kiddies, I'm hungry for some beef noodle soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment